Friday, 7 August 2009

daddy love

This is the first of 3 LO's I have to share. Daddy love was made for a UKS weekly challenge and for the C4E July crop kit, which has sold out!!!
The PP is from the C4E July kit available HERE The 2 papers used are the blue swirl and wild garden from K&co's wild saffron collection. The CS is Bazzill cheddar and lakeshore. I love the colour of lakeshore. There is a lot to see on this LO and it didn't take as long as it looks! Especially for a slow scrapper like me! I must be speeding up though to get so many done in a short time, do need to get quicker there is just so much to scrap and so many gorgeous products to play with!! lol!!
The photo is of my sister and dad, the only thing I know about the photo is that it was taken by my mum, who was a keen photographer when we were kids, now she is getting the scrapping bug!! lol

For the title I used the MME rub-ons from the july kit. Cut them out to make little alpha tiles matt onto some cs, inked and added to the lo with sticky fixers.

Part of the challenge requirements was to use pearls I used a selection of pearl effect beads and pearl paint to add detail to the PP. The flowers were stamped onto PP and cs using the stamp from the july kit and the one in the crop kit. The large flower has several layers to it which makes it perfect for creating dimensional flowers like this.

The main techniques focused on were the flowers and the tearing/distressing. The PP was layered and gutted to create this vintage feel. the edges were torn, rolled and inked. The butterfly was another autumn leaves stamp (a few will be available in the store shortly) My nan was at the crop with us and kept telling us off for cutting off the antenna!! lol It wasn't until I made the 3rd LO that I found some flower stems my mum had given me that are perfect for the antenna! If I remember I'll go back and add them in!

There were a ton of flowers made for this lo I used a mix of sizes, PP and cs to put them together. I layered them using PVA and added beads and pearl paint to the centres. The butterflies were treated to a little inking and pearl paint. The leaves were made with the MS punch fond branch, I now have a little pot full of these cute leaves! The flowers, leaves and butterflies were added in a collage style and gives the lo lots of depth, texture and interest.
I loved doing this LO, I have had it in mind since the kit was chosen in june! I loved the technique and you will be seeing more of this style from me! lol
The Project instructions for this LO is in the C4E library, you can download it from HERE
Thank-you for stopping by I hope that this lo has given you some inspiration, and want to try out the technique let me know if you do and share your lo's in the c4e gallery.
Take care


  1. This is really beautiful, love how you have put the photo peeping out like that. Gorgeous papers.

  2. Very inspirational work - thanks for sharing it. It reminds me of a fairy forest or somethng magical.


Thank-you for taking the time to comment :) I love to read them. Have fun! Hugs Michele x


Related Posts with Thumbnails