Saturday 8 August 2009

The beginning

The beginning was made for my nan to give to my uncle and aunt for their wedding anniversary. This is the first time I've made a lo and given it away!
I have used the same techniques as the previous 2 lo (told you you would see a few of them!! lol)
The PP is K&co from stash, fancy pants summer soiree and bazzill cs. Ribbon, lace and roses also from stash.

This time I added the antenna back to the butterflies, well she did complain that we cut them off!! lol I used the flower stems along with the layered torn paper flowers, paper roses and fond branch leaves (again!) to create the collage effect embellishments. I cut words from a sheet of K&co for the title and some extra words within the flowers, these I created a bridge effect by only attaching the ends.
I struggled with a title for this until I saw the beginning on the word sheet. Bit of a cop out but it rings true for this couple as it was the beginning for them. They are one of those couples who did everything the "right" way, got married, ought a house to move in to after the honeymoon, had children, climbed the property ladder etc.

While i was finishing this lO off my mum came over to finish her crop LO to give to nan as a gift. She got a bit fed up with all the flowers so I lent her a hand to finish off.
Both Nan and my aunt and uncle were pleased with the LO's from mum and I so it was a job well done. Not sure I liked giving it away tho!! lol!!

I guess I should finish off the other lo's now! and do some new ones. There are always lo's waiting to be done here! lol
Thanks for stopping by take care!
hugs
michele
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow Michelle this is stunning hun, I love it.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its so beautiful! The subtle words in amongst the flowers and the lovely butterfly! Really gorgeous!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to comment :) I love to read them. Have fun! Hugs Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails