Wednesday 26 August 2009

clown!!!

Hello!
Bloomin' awful weather here! hope it's not too bad where you are today!
This layout was done for the C4E August crop kit. It is called "Clown" and is of my nephew, Lawson. The photo was taken by my sister at one of my wedding dress fittings in 2007. I loved the way she captured the mischief in his eyes!! Lawson is a little comedian and is always making us laugh, he is a curious child who likes to know how things work, much to the dismay of his parents sometimes when he starts taking things apart!! lol

The PP is Dream Street Birdie bits. An older collection but so yummy! We still have a few sheet in stock HERE. The CS is Bazzill, the letter tiles are from stash, they are from HOTP boys to men busy scrappers book of papers and embellishments. I have had these in my stash for years and not got round to using them much. Buttons, beads and threads from stash.
For this hand stitched swirl I used Bazzill In-Stitch template surprise party. So easy to use and gives you perfect results.



The letter tiles I cut out, inked and attached tucking the corners under the stitching.



This embellishment hides the date printed on the photo, although I don't like having the date on the photo it is handy when doing a layout!!! I cut 2 circles of PP one slightly smaller than the other, crumpled and sanded the edges, layered and finished by sewing a button on.




There is a lot of stitching on this layout, when I first saw the PP I wanted to get my sewing kit out!! The buttons and beads were sewn onto the LO rather than attaching with adhesive.
I kept the whole LO quite simple, not as cluttered and embellished as my recent ones. Even though the PP is pink I think it works for this photo of our little family clown!
The Project sheet for this layout will be available to download from the C4E website soon, as well as a few others.
Thanks for stopping by enjoy your day!
hugs
michele
xxx





4 comments:

  1. Lovely understated LO with some fab details xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this you have some great detail on this love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this you have some great detail on this love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is fantastic, I love the detail

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to comment :) I love to read them. Have fun! Hugs Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails