Friday, 12 December 2014

Family Layout

Good morning :)
I have my DT project for this weeks C4E recipe challenge for you today :)
Our theme this week is CHRISTMAS :)
All the challenge details, entry and fabulous DT inspiration can be found HERE.

This week I have done a layout using a photo from last Christmas. 
I don't know about you but getting a decent photo of my boys is getting harder and harder lol! 

I was having a play with the photo editing and found a brilliant effect called Time Machine. It alters the photo to the style of various times such as Victorian, 50's and 70's. This photo had a Victorian effect added.

The background was stamped with a variety of stamps including stitches, hearts and a date stamp.
I sprinkled gold paint and red Dylusions ink over it before adding the paper cluster and embellishments.

The kit for this layout is available in the C4E store, though I don't think there are many left now!
Have a fabulous weekend thanks for stopping by
Michele x

Friday, 5 December 2014

Snow Angel

Good Morning :)
I am back today with my DT project for this weeks C4E Challenge.
This weeks challenge is to share your Winter themed projects with us :)
We have a fabulous prize up for grabs from Crafts 4 Eternity too!
All the details, entry and fabulous DT inspiration can be found HERE.

For my Winter project I chose a layout of my son making a snow angel. 
We don't get snow here very often so when we do we get out and play lol!

I used masking fluid through a snow flake stencil (Dylusions) on to a sheet of cardstock painted with gesso.

Then added Dylusions ink and plenty of water. You can see the snowflakes are resisting the ink.
I left it to dry rather than use a heat tool I wanted the ink to pool and settle naturally.

Oddly the purple ink doesn't show much on the finished layout!
Once dry I added some stamping and a few silver paint snowflakes.
Then rubbed off the masking fluid. Although the fluid didn't capture the snowflake shapes quite as well as I hoped the effect was interesting.

The layout was finished with a paper cluster using a Kaiserkraft 6x6 pad, some punched snowflakes and sequins.

I'll definitely be having another play with the masking fluid I like the effect :)
Don't forget to join us this week at the C4E challenge, have a great weekend
thanks for stopping by
Michele x


Related Posts with Thumbnails