Friday 29 April 2016

Art Journal ~ You Make Life Beautiful


Good Morning :)
Ok last one I promise lol! I really have enjoyed the April kit, I managed to create 3 layouts, 2 planner spreads, a card and finally an art journal page. 


I made a double spread in my Art journal, the Art Journal is a cheap journal I picked up in Asda a while ago, the pages are a little thin but a good coat of Gesso helps :)


The first thing I did was add Modelling Paste through a stencil (crafters Workshop Deco Leaves) Once dry I added Distress inks( Craked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough) and lots of water drying it and adding more colour in stages. I finished off the background with a light splatter of Vintage Photo distress ink mixed with Matt Medium.


I used some scraps of pattern paper from the April kit and cut out a large flower from the Waterlily paper.
This I cut in half and placed in the center of the spread. I stamped a few leaves using the Kaisercraft Sea Breeze stamp set and added a sentiment banner from their collectables.


I tucked some cotton thread and cheese cloth behind the papers and flower.


The "believe" diecut is also from the Kaisercraft Sea Breeze collectables.

To be honest I wasn't sure if the spread wouldn't be messed up when I closed the journal but so far it seems to have survived!

I'm definitely a white space crafter lol! I will be doing more pages with white space I think :)
Do you like to cover the whole page with colour or do you like some white space?

Well April is almost over now and as we head in to May I will be sharing May Page kit inspiration :)
The May kit will be available May 1st in limited numbers, I will be back tomorrow with a sneek peek :)
Have a wonderful day thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Michele x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment :) I love to read them. Have fun! Hugs Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails