Monday 30 May 2011

C4E Recipe #21- Alter something!


 Hello :)
I am soooooo late with this post It's almost time for the next C4E challenge lol!
I started way too late on this project and didn't get it completed on time :(
There is still time to join us this week, we are asking to see altering, either a whole altered project or just something altered on a project.
The DT have some fabulous examples for you all over on the C4E Challenge blog.


 For my submission this week I have altered a book. I have been wanting to try this for ages :)
I have books everywhere here, bookcases full and boxes hidden away lol! I have books ready to go to charity but couldn't alter a book I'd read lol! I love books as much as I love to craft and to tear and paint a book I had read was impossible! So I went to our little community charity shop and bought 3 books I knew I wouldn't want to read. They were chosen just for altering.

 This is how it looked before. I tore out pages and painted the book with a coat of Gesso. Then painted it with Silver acrylic paint and poster paints. I couldn't resist adding some Stickles too! The edges had a silver crackle paint treatment too.
 I made a little charm dangle to hang from a mini bull dog clip which was painted with silver acrylic paint.

 For the Flowers I punched several scalloped circle from the torn out pages, coloured with distress ink and silver paint, then secured together with a brad. Finally I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist and scrunched them up. 

As a final touch to the flowers I made some bead pins and added Painted rose leaves.
The plan is to use this book as a vision book so it's a work in progress. I think it will change and grow as I complete it.
It was lots of fun to do hopefully I will have time to do more :) I loved the creative process of this project, it was about the art, the self expression rather than recipient.
Needless to say I am way behind with blogging! If I haven't visited you recently I am sorry I will stop by soon promise :)
Thanks for stopping by
Have Fun!
Michele x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for taking the time to comment :) I love to read them. Have fun! Hugs Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails