Saturday 7 November 2009

PTW challenge

Evening !!
I got a little stuck this week for images for my hubby's birthday cards, so I drew a couple of new images. They still need some work but I find it helps to use them to see if they will work first.
I have done this card for this weeks PTW challenge, they have a fab sketch and gorgeous DT work which you can find HERE

I tried some paper piecing with the image, the cupcake case is basic grey PP and the cupcake is felt! I coloured a second candle and added it with sticky fixers to lift it up.
The second technique i tried with this card is the ruffled paper. I saw a tutorial for a cupcake gift holder HERE which used the technique to create a whipped cream effect on the cupcake. I have seen this done with ribbon before but haven't tried it before.

card recipe
PP - basic grey & paper pizazz
CS - Bazzill
felt - £1 shop!
image - own
sentiment - computer generated
glitter glue
coloured pencils
I'm off to party! lol! we have family coming over for hubby's birthday soon! Strawberry gateaux!! Yummy!!
I'll be back tomorrow with the C4E recipe challenge!
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Michele
xxx

2 comments:

  1. beautiful!
    love your ruffled paper!!!! haven't tried that yet!!

    Enjoy your party!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ruffled papers on this great card love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to comment :) I love to read them. Have fun! Hugs Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails