Friday 19 July 2013

Inky Fingers Layout

Good morning :)
Last day of term for my boys today!
And the last day of Primary school for my eldest, he moves on to secondary school in September.
My youngest finishes Key stage one today & moves into Key stage two in September.
They grow up so fast! 
I have a lot of plans for the summer catching up with projects both craft and home ones. I'll squeeze in a few gymnastic and craft classes and maybe an odd day out with the family too lol!


 We have a new challenge this morning on the C4E recipe challenge blog.

INKY FINGERS!

 We would like you to share projects that use any kind of paint or ink.
This has to be one of my favourite mediums to work with and I have been painting and inking a lot recently!


My project this week is an un-named layout I did for a C4E workshop recently.
I have used Dylusions Ink sprays and stamped with Stazon ink over a Gesso background of cardstock shaped.
The cardstock shapes gave the background lots of depth and interest.

 The little girl in the photo is my niece at my wedding nearly 6 years ago, so she's grown a lot since then lol!
I have a second layout to complete to make this a double spread of my two nieces who were flower girls.



 I didn't use much paper or embellishments for the layout. There are some inked flowers, painted chipboard flourish, crepe bandage, tracing paper, 1 piece of DP, wood veneer leaves and some flat back gems.


I love Dylusions ink sprays! You can have the really bright colours or tone them down to make pastel shades. I did a quick video tutorial for making the pastel shades with Dylusions very bright colours you can see it HERE.

Right best get on with preparations for this weekends workshops, we are bookbinding and making flowers this month! If you would like to join us contact me at crafts4eternity@aol.co.uk.

All that remains is to invite you to join us HERE for this weeks challenge.
Have a great day thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Michele x

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Michele, this is just so pretty and I love the colourful background and the cute little subject.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    PS: I am also now your latest keen Follower xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to comment :) I love to read them. Have fun! Hugs Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails