Friday 23 October 2009

c4e september mini book challenge


Oh my word I just found this post sitting in the drafts!!! This is my September mini book for the C4E website challenges!!! And I know I have at least 2 challenge card posts that I have missed! How bad am I??? LOL!!
Ok This mini book will document My eldest primary school years, so it is not complete yet!
The photo on the front cover was taken at pre-school.
The PP is daisy bucket's In The Meadow collection, this was the C4E April kit this year. You can still get your hands on these papers and the April kit HERE.



The layout of the album is the same all the way through. The first page will have a photo of the school, when I remember to take my camera!! Then there is a photo page for first day in the year photo, an envelope for school reports.


And then a page to record the details, year, class, friends, favourite subjects, achievements. This page I designed myself to look like a page from a note book with teachers handwriting.



I kept the embellishments simple, I created a image spot using a clip art owl and used them with punched leaves to embellish the photo pages. There's one peeking out from behind the photo too!! These were coloured with markers.


All titles and words were printed. The Base pages were made from white CS and covers are chipboard.


When the pages were complete I bound it together with my BIA. Adding a charm to the spine.


The very last pages are for the end of year 6, I plan to take a photo on his last day and write in where he is heading to next, what his hopes and fears are as he moves onto the next stage.


I couldn't resist one last peeking owl on the back cover!! lol!!

All I need to do now is remember to take the photos and write in the album! With my track record.....ummmmm!!!!!????? lol!!!
Oh and make one for Alix, who starts reception next September!! and 2 for my friend who insists that she has to have them but couldn't possibly make them herself!! lol!!
Thanks for stopping by
hugs
Michele
xxx













6 comments:

  1. Wow Michele this is simply awesome dear what a fabulous idea and so well executed thanks for sharing dear
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele this is just stunning and you have used my favourite papers! Its a real treasure. Do you sell those little albums to make up?
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is simply stunning, what an amazing gift to your son when he is older and in the meantime what a great reminder for you as he makes his way through education! The uni photos might have to be edited a bit though!
    Oh I wish I had the iniative to have done one for mine.
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers Michelle this is stunning, loving the peeking owls.......this book is just amazing I love it. Hope you are ok, sorry I have neglected you lately..............sending hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this brilliant piece of work love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele,
    This is such a fabulous idea & it looks gorgeous. Your son looks so like you, at least in the photos I have seen of you both! You must be so proud!
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for taking the time to comment :) I love to read them. Have fun! Hugs Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails